- News Resources
- Favorite Blogs
- Comment Policy
- Mark Levin
- Guest Commentary!
- Task: A Constitutional Crisis or a Fiscal Crisis?
- Task: A Nation United by A Constitution and Divided by A Supreme Court
- Results Talk; Obama Walks
- Darren Davis: Gun Ownership and Women: What the Media Won’t Tell You
- Iraq-A Postmortem Commentary by task
- THE BOY WHO WOULD BE KING by Task
- -Patty Mofield Jones: Opinions Are Like A**holes
- Task: A Last Chance For The Republican Party
- Bone Pickin’s by Rshill7
- Now and Then by Rshill7
- Taking Sides…Us and Them by Rshill7
- Sending Messages by Rshill7
- Jen’s Book Reviews
Stabenow is squirming under the heat of this EPA vote so much that she is working on her own amendment. Her amendment seeks to delay EPA regulation of CO2 for two years. Interestingly enough, that is exactly the amount of time needed to campaign for her next term.
Right now, there are three Democrat amendments that are serving as cover amendments for the McConnell/Manchin bipartisan amendment. Rockefeller, Baucus, and now Stabenow each want to obfuscate and implement Cap and Trade.
“U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow is proposing a two-year delay in the enforcement of new greenhouse gas regulations proposed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, a move that could help moderate Democrats with business interests in their states while denying a Republican attempt to derail EPA’s plans to regulate carbon emissions altogether.”
Why doesn’t Stabenow just vote for Rockefeller’s amendment? His is a two year delay deal. She wants to be the author of this one because she knows she is Ag Committee chair, and if she doesn’t try to make a big deal out of this amendment, ie. offering it herself, she will lose face. She can’t just vote for someone elses amendment, that wouldn’t be big enough. No, right now, she is trying to concoct an amendment all on her own to really be the bestest ever.
But, the bestest ever is being offered by McConnell, and Stabenow has to vote for his bipartisan amendment, or she loses re-election, it’s that simple.
The National Association of Manufacturers is running ads in Michigan, targeted at Levin and Stabenow.
Hmm. Manufacturers are asking Stabenow to vote with McConnell, and she is offering her own amendment to delay, delay, delay.
****Support this site****
- "It always amazes me the sheer number of women who defend abortion. Legal abortion has killed 52 million innocents since '73, that means 26 million roughly, were women. Sick." -Jen Kuznicki
- Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country. -Margaret Thatcher
- Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States. -Ronald Reagan
- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. -Margaret Thatcher
- Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all. -Winston Churchill
I Don’t Deny Global Warming ExistsI don't deny that global warming exists. It does not exist. There is not a pink elephant in my kitchen. I'm not denying it. It is not there. If I denied that there was a pink elephant in my kitchen, it would have to be there, but I would be lying to myself and everyone and walk around it to cook. But it is not there, therefore, I am not denying that it is.
Jen’s Book Reviews
- I can find neither solace or comfort in government. I cannot find hope nor light among those pretending to take my best interest to heart. I cannot worship or revere another human being because there are none alive that can instill my faith. Give me the One God; the One Who had created the heavens and earth and had purposefully breathed life into me. The One Who dwells in the secret place and watches over me and always keeps me company when all others abandoned me. But for Him I would have no purpose in this life; thank you Dear God.
Get your Limited Edition Paul Revere Bear!
Jen’s Book Reviews
My Mischievous Twitter Feed
- Why sleep? http://t.co/xlAqR4zwwi about 2 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @gerfingerpoken2: @jen5309 1170 - (IBD) Dems @RepAdamSchiff @RepAdamSmith Call #Benghazi Heroes Told 2 #StandDown Liars http://t.co/CD1… about 2 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- To the left, this is economic patriotism. They tell you what to do, then punish you for thinking for yourself. http://t.co/Rc1hj47n0j about 2 hours ago from iOS ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. -Winston Churchill