Stabenow has an amendment to cover the McConnell amendment, and it is very similar to Rockefeller amendment, and strikingly similar to Obamacare waivers.
She is introducing an amendment that suspends the EPA regulation of CO2 for two years. She faces the end of her term in 2012.
Fight! Uh oh, the lefties are arguing over the Stabenow amendment. The NRDC (Natural Resources Defense Council) wants it rejected and Michigan Messenger conveniently manipulates the title of their article to make it seem like Stabenow is stopping the EPA dead in it’s tracks, (until after she gets re-elected)!!
Pass me the popcorn!
Meanwhile, the National Association of Manufacturers, the National Mining Association, the National Auto Dealers Association, the National Refiners Association, and more are urging their members to contact Senators to vote YES on the McConnell Amendment.
The people who work for a living need to know that the job-killing EPA is out to get THEM, ME, YOU, US, by forcing American job-makers to pay the government more and us less.
The EPA, if not stopped, will, by conservative estimates:
• cost up to 1.4 million jobs by 2014 and 2.5 million by 2030
• decrease capital investment by as much as 15 percent by 2014, or more than $75 billion
• reduce Gross Domestic Product by $500 billion by 2030
• increase the cost of gasoline by 50 percent, electricity by 50 percent, and natural gas by 75 percent over the next 20 years
• reduce worker compensation by $700 per year
Call your Senators today.
Stabenow is Squirming