- News Resources
- Favorite Blogs
- Guest Commentary!
- Task: A Constitutional Crisis or a Fiscal Crisis?
- Task: A Nation United by A Constitution and Divided by A Supreme Court
- Results Talk; Obama Walks
- Darren Davis: Gun Ownership and Women: What the Media Won’t Tell You
- Iraq-A Postmortem Commentary by task
- THE BOY WHO WOULD BE KING by Task
- -Patty Mofield Jones: Opinions Are Like A**holes
- Task: A Last Chance For The Republican Party
- Bone Pickin’s by Rshill7
- Now and Then by Rshill7
- Taking Sides…Us and Them by Rshill7
- Sending Messages by Rshill7
- Jen’s Book Reviews
- Reagan Speeches
- Address to the 40th Session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, New York October 24, 1985
- Reagan Remarks in New York City on Receiving the Charles Evans Hughes Gold Medal of the National Conference of Christians and Jews March 23, 1982
- Ronald Reagan’s A Time For Choosing Speech
- Remarks in New York City on Receiving the Charles Evans Hughes Gold Medal of the National Conference of Christians and Jews March 23, 1982
- Remarks at the Annual Members Banquet of the National Rifle Association in Phoenix, Arizona May 6, 1983
- Address to the Nation on Defense and National Security March 23, 1983
- Reagan Remarks at a Luncheon of the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania October 15, 1981
- Reagan Statement on the Economic Recovery
- Reagan Remarks at an Iowa Caucus Rally in Des Moines February 20, 1984
- Ronald Reagan, State of the Union Address, January 25th, 1983
- Reagan State of the Union Address, January 27th, 1987
- Reagan: Proclamation 5292 — National Sanctity of Human Life Day, 1985 January 14, 1985
- Reagan’s Remarks to American and Brazilian Businessmen in Sao Paulo, Brazil December 2, 1982
- Reagan Remarks to Congressional Leaders During a White House Briefing on the Fiscal Year 1986 Budget February 4, 1985
- Reagan’s First Inaugural Address January 20, 1981
- Reagan Remarks at Convocation Ceremonies at the University of South Carolina in Columbia September 20, 1983
- Reagan Remarks at a Rally for Senator Malcolm Wallop of Wyoming in Cheyenne March 2, 1982
- Reagan Address to Members of the British Parliament June 8, 1982
- Reagan Radio Address to the Nation on Prayer in Schools February 25, 1984
- Reagan Remarks at a White House Briefing on the State of Small Business March 1, 1982
- Reagan Message About Christmas, 1981
- Jen Kuznicki Original Historical Bears
Dan Riehl points out that the leadership used the military in order to get the numbers on the budget.
Many Republicans wanted the military removed from the equation early on. That’s also likely why Rep. Michele Bachmann is mentioning the issue and Kay Bailey Hutchinson is now sponsoring a bi-partisan bill in the Senate to remove military pay from future budget skirmishes. Many are furious with Boehner for exploiting servicemen and women and their families for a battle in DC, while so many are risking their lives overseas.
Tea Party-affiliated Republican Rep. Allen West of Florida is out with a statement in which he says he is “disgusted at the perception that Leaders in my own Party…are now using the men and women in uniform” to pass a short-term budget bill.
I’d like to point out that Boehner used the unborn as well.
The issue of abortion, a social issue, is sectioned off by the Republican Party as part of the views of the religious right. Unfortunately, and this has to change, the view of tea party sentiment is that it is only fiscal, and not social. That view is bogus. One of the first things Obama did as president was increase funding for abortions internationally. Stupak was ousted by the tea party for using abortion to pass Obamacare. And besides, the tea party is about upholding the Constitution, even if the past Supreme Court Justices did not. Abortion is a constitutional issue.
One of the main problems I have with the leadership is that they did not properly explain why the defunding of Planned Parenthood was so crucial. They allowed Slaughter and the rest to use the incidental purposes of Planned Parenthood to be repeated over and over again, and I know why. It is because many people in the Republican Party do not know, and therefore cannot articulate, that the reason legal abortion exists in America is because of Planned Parenthood.
Mark Levin’s book, “Men In Black” lays it out very simply. There is no right to privacy under the constitution. Planned Parenthood brought the court case Poe v. Ullman, which layed the groundwork for the oft repeated mantra, “getting the government out of our bedrooms.” Then Planned Parenthood brought “Griswold v. Connecticut, and the right to privacy became constitutional law.” (pg. 57) Griswold was the executive director of Planned Parenthood in Connecticut. Then, in Roe v. Wade, the ground work laid by Planned Parenthood legalized murder of the unborn.
I’m willing to bet our leadership does not know this. But ignorance is only temporary.
Here’s what really makes this all terrible. The left made a big deal about Republicans wanting to kill women, and it looked like the Republicans didn’t have a coherent response to that. I have often said that legal abortion has killed 26 million women since ’73. That’s a good argument. Look, I’m just a seamstress in a small town, I came up with a doozy, why doesn’t our leadership try? You have to state your case and continue to convince people. Saying, “Well that’s just ridiculous,” does nothing to further your cause, and does not explain your position in clear terms.
In the end, we settled for an up or down vote in the Senate, we all know that won’t go anywhere, because the Senate is more squeamish about social issues than the House, and we have the ditzy twins from Maine who don’t really think murdering innocents is all that bad.
At the end of the day, as part of their spin-making, the leadership continually pointed out that the budget deal was a successful one, since they did get some defunding of abortions. “The agreement includes a complete ban on local and federal funding of abortion in the District of Columbia, applying the pro-life principles of the Hyde Amendment (“D.C. Hyde”). ”
Obamacare became an abortion issue because of my ex-representative Stupak. Now, the budget became an abortion issue. Obama signed the executive order that stopped federal funding of abortion in Obamacare, remember?
That Executive Order does not change the law of Obamacare, I know that. But would it have hurt if the leadership brought up this very memorable fight from last year? Unless we are supposed to believe that banning DC abortions is some sort of great start for America? Little nibble here, little nibble there, huh?
If Obamacare continues to be implemented, tell me again how this grand DC deal banning federal and local funds for abortion means anything in the cause for Life?
The leadership went to bat on funding the military and defunding abortion, two huge America-is-behind-you issues, and they came away with nothing after all the stress.
Please follow & like :)
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
we respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously
Signature Series Historical Bear–George Washington Bear!
"I got my teddy today. It is wonderful and all the joints work. It is beautiful. Thank you so much." -Joyce
"He is a handsome little guy. So soft, and beautiful! He's a work of art. Thank you so much." - Lorrie
"Our dear friend Jen Kuznicki. She does a beautiful job with a sewing machine. And just take a look at the George Washington Bear that she’s created. It is absolutely beautiful." - Mark Levin
- "It always amazes me the sheer number of women who defend abortion. Legal abortion has killed 52 million innocents since '73, that means 26 million roughly, were women. Sick." -Jen Kuznicki
- Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country. -Margaret Thatcher
- Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States. -Ronald Reagan
- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. -Margaret Thatcher
- Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all. -Winston Churchill
I Don’t Deny Global Warming ExistsI don't deny that global warming exists. It does not exist. There is not a pink elephant in my kitchen. I'm not denying it. It is not there. If I denied that there was a pink elephant in my kitchen, it would have to be there, but I would be lying to myself and everyone and walk around it to cook. But it is not there, therefore, I am not denying that it is.
- I can find neither solace or comfort in government. I cannot find hope nor light among those pretending to take my best interest to heart. I cannot worship or revere another human being because there are none alive that can instill my faith. Give me the One God; the One Who had created the heavens and earth and had purposefully breathed life into me. The One Who dwells in the secret place and watches over me and always keeps me company when all others abandoned me. But for Him I would have no purpose in this life; thank you Dear God. -Unknown
Signature Series Historical Bear
Jen’s Book Reviews
Get your Limited Edition Paul Revere Bear!
- Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. -Winston Churchill