- News Resources
- Favorite Blogs
- Comment Policy
- Mark Levin
- Guest Commentary!
- Task: A Constitutional Crisis or a Fiscal Crisis?
- Task: A Nation United by A Constitution and Divided by A Supreme Court
- Results Talk; Obama Walks
- Darren Davis: Gun Ownership and Women: What the Media Won’t Tell You
- Iraq-A Postmortem Commentary by task
- THE BOY WHO WOULD BE KING by Task
- -Patty Mofield Jones: Opinions Are Like A**holes
- Task: A Last Chance For The Republican Party
- Bone Pickin’s by Rshill7
- Now and Then by Rshill7
- Taking Sides…Us and Them by Rshill7
- Sending Messages by Rshill7
- Jen’s Book Reviews
Newt On Environmental Progressivism
What is Newt Gingrich’s environmental policy? He has not abandoned his stance that between he and Nancy Pelosi, “we do agree that our country must take action to address climate change.” Newt told Fox News is that he does still believe government has a role in addressing climate change, and that he took somebody’s advice to call the commercial dumb.
From the Congressional Record, April 19, 1990:
Mr. Gingrich: Mr. Speaker, I rise to say that I think that Earth Day is very important. I used to teach environmental studies. I think we are making progress. I think the recent action of the other body on the clean air bill is an important first step in the right direction on a very major issue.
But there is something a little sad and almost pathetic about some of the organized Democratic Party efforts in this Chamber to partisanize Earth Day. The fact is in the Senate there were 34 Republicans
and 16 Democrats who gave Senator Mitchell the key victory on getting a signable clean air bill out of the Senate.
The fact is there is a bipartisan coalition working on the clean air bill. I would call on the Democratic leadership to join Republicans in putting into effect more recycling activities here on Capitol Hill and working to improve the environment , instead of trying to exploit the environment for purely narrow and partisan purposes.
Newt’s performance in current debates and radio and TV interviews would give all of us the impression that he is against any overtures with the left. Is he being sly with is wording of answers to hide his actual agenda?
****Support this site****
- "It always amazes me the sheer number of women who defend abortion. Legal abortion has killed 52 million innocents since '73, that means 26 million roughly, were women. Sick." -Jen Kuznicki
- Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country. -Margaret Thatcher
- Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States. -Ronald Reagan
- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. -Margaret Thatcher
- Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all. -Winston Churchill
I Don’t Deny Global Warming ExistsI don't deny that global warming exists. It does not exist. There is not a pink elephant in my kitchen. I'm not denying it. It is not there. If I denied that there was a pink elephant in my kitchen, it would have to be there, but I would be lying to myself and everyone and walk around it to cook. But it is not there, therefore, I am not denying that it is.
Jen’s Book Reviews
- I can find neither solace or comfort in government. I cannot find hope nor light among those pretending to take my best interest to heart. I cannot worship or revere another human being because there are none alive that can instill my faith. Give me the One God; the One Who had created the heavens and earth and had purposefully breathed life into me. The One Who dwells in the secret place and watches over me and always keeps me company when all others abandoned me. But for Him I would have no purpose in this life; thank you Dear God.
Jen’s Book Reviews
My Mischievous Twitter Feed
- RT @conserphilosofy: @jen5309 it's his stupid triangulation strategy that has resulted in Senate losses. about 4 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Blue_In_Green59: @jen5309 How @FoxNews can present nefarious @KarlRove as some innocent commentator is beyond me. I turn channel when h… about 4 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @erickbrockway: #InOtherNews “@jen5309: Karl Rove is an ass. http://t.co/5Pn01FzkFM” about 5 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. -Winston Churchill