- News Resources
- Favorite Blogs
- Comment Policy
- Mark Levin
- Guest Commentary!
- Jen’s Book Reviews
I went to the tire shop to get a tire for my truck. We talked to the man at the counter and found one that they had in stock that would work. As I sat, waiting for the men in the back to install the tire, a man walked in, obviously a friend of the man at the counter, and he said, “Obama just killed the Keystone Pipeline.”
The man at the counter did not respond, he just looked up at the man who wore dark brown Carhartt bibs and work boots, with a Carhartt insulated jacket. The Carhartt man said, “that would have put me to work.”
I sat by the coffee maker, interested in what the Carhartt man had to say, and he came over to lean against the coffee table. I said, “I heard today that the company may forgo the federal requirements and make a line from Montana to the Gulf.”
“Well, it doesn’t matter,” he said, “it has to have federal oversight because it crosses the border. It was a political move,” he offered, “it just doesn’t make sense.” He looked down at his steel-toed boots, and moved his weight from one leg to the other. My husband asked him if he worked on a lot of pipelines.
“I’ve worked on them all,” he said, “all the big ones,” and began a list of names of pipelines he worked on. He was a man in his fifties, with gray/white bushy hair, probably a grandfather, with lines on his face that told of his relationship with Mother Nature, and he was clearly depressed.
“What I don’t understand,” he said, “Is why Obama shot it down. He would have gotten a lot more votes if he hadn’t.” He went on, “I haven’t worked since December 31st, 2010. I was hoping that it would have gone through.” He focused on the floor, his mouth turned to a frown, and when the man at the counter said his truck was ready, he shuffled slowly to the counter.
The Carhartt man asked the man at the counter about a mutual friend, Bob. “Well,” said the man at the counter, “Bob has another year of unemployment, so he isn’t exactly too motivated to find work right now.”
The Carhartt man paid, walked to the door, dragged his feet, his head down, and retrieved his pickup.
I wanted to tell him that Barack Obama wasn’t interested in his vote. I wanted to tell him that the company was obviously trying to put people to work by working around the Federal Government. I wanted to tell him that things may be bleak now, but perhaps in the future, we can elect a man who has his interests at heart.
But, I hadn’t the time or opportunity.
This nation is filled with men who shuffle, worry, get frustrated and angry about how the government works to hurt their ability to provide meaning to their lives. There are also men who take unemployment as a free ride, uninterested in who is paying for their vacation, leaving the worry of a job to the government who will extend their vacation.
Barack Obama has not only killed jobs in the Keystone Pipeline decision, he has killed men’s self-worth.
Welcome to the debate.
- "It always amazes me the sheer number of women who defend abortion. Legal abortion has killed 52 million innocents since '73, that means 26 million roughly, were women. Sick." -Jen Kuznicki
- Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country. -Margaret Thatcher
- Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States. -Ronald Reagan
- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. -Margaret Thatcher
- Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all. -Winston Churchill
- Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. -Winston Churchill
I Don’t Deny Global Warming ExistsI don't deny that global warming exists. It does not exist. There is not a pink elephant in my kitchen. I'm not denying it. It is not there. If I denied that there was a pink elephant in my kitchen, it would have to be there, but I would be lying to myself and everyone and walk around it to cook. But it is not there, therefore, I am not denying that it is.
- I can find neither solace or comfort in government. I cannot find hope nor light among those pretending to take my best interest to heart. I cannot worship or revere another human being because there are none alive that can instill my faith. Give me the One God; the One Who had created the heavens and earth and had purposefully breathed life into me. The One Who dwells in the secret place and watches over me and always keeps me company when all others abandoned me. But for Him I would have no purpose in this life; thank you Dear God.
New York Times Bestseller by Mark R. Levin
My Mischievous Twitter Feed
- My commentary on CNS News today- Are There Two Americas?... http://t.co/dc1G6dJx5t about 2 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Net worth of Miley Cyrus and Roseanne Barr- 150M vs 80M which would put both in upper class, but they are truly low class people. about 10 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- CALL YOUR MI STATE SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES AND SPEAKER BOLGER. BOLGER MUST SCHEDULE THIS VOTE THIS WEEK! http://t.co/vMeMX2sUiw 03:54:24 PM December 09, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Again, only Senator Ted Cruz is speaking up on the Republican side, while the leadership whiffs on messaging.... http://t.co/d8loh2j0vn 10:45:30 AM December 09, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HarrietBaldwin: NY Post: Democratic Party Has No More Centrists http://t.co/NoIKXYHW5Q Hijacked by Progs, Socialists and commies. 09:55:01 AM December 09, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Velvet 50's dress: Meet Estelle:) I'll make one in green today. click the link:... http://t.co/E2i9Z2OXy5 08:41:44 AM December 09, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Fun 50's styles for me to make today: Meet Vivien:) click the link:... http://t.co/da8nyvcSQ7 08:39:48 AM December 09, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite