- News Resources
- Favorite Blogs
- Comment Policy
- Mark Levin
- Guest Commentary!
- Jen’s Book Reviews
I Stand With Jase Bolger; Michiganders, Rise Up!
On this point, the Governor must not bend to special interests and do what is right for the sovereign individuals in this State. Speaker of the House, Jase Bolger is willing to go toe to toe with the Governor, to stop him from implementing a Healthcare Exchange.
The Governor says that if we don’t act by the end of the year, the Federal Government will impose an exchange upon us. However, if he agrees to expand Medicaid, it will drown us financially in the years to come.
This assessment by the Cato Institute is the right way to look at this, as all or most of the rest of the Republican Governors are holding a tough line to save taxpayers money at the Federal AND State level:
Here’s another complicating factor: Most states have not yet set up an exchange. Many, especially ones with Republican governors or legislatures, may refuse altogether. By most estimates, as few as 15 states are likely to have exchanges in operation by the 2014 deadline.
ObamaCare gives the feds the authority to step in, setting up and operating an exchange in any state that doesn’t set up its own — but there is reason to doubt that they have resources to do so in so many states.
Anyway, federal subsidies are available only through exchanges that the states set up. The feds can’t offer subsidies through a federally run exchange.
Thus, if states neither expanded Medicaid nor set up exchanges, that would effectively block most of ObamaCare’s new entitlement spending.
Block it! Stop it! Look, the union bosses that Tim Skubick is so fond of quoting are going to turncoat the union members anyhow, they will drop their push for companies to give health insurance as a benefit, and pocket the money. How do I know?
The UAW has always been for socialized medicine. Walter Reuther pushed heavily in the 60′s, just as this current clan is now. Do you think that union members will be allowed to keep their nice benefits? No way in hell.
Union members will not be exempt from the new taxation that will be a part of our Federal and State obligation from here on out.
The ONLY way we can stop our taxes from dramatically rising under this monstrous law is to stand up against the Federal government and REFUSE to be subjected to this mess.
NO TO THE EXPANSION OF MEDICAID. NO TO THE EXCHANGE. STARVE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. HELP ELECT PEOPLE WHO PROMISE TO REPEAL THIS LAW.
Jase Bolger must hold firm against the implementation of Healthcare Exchanges in the State of Michigan, or all is lost.
Welcome to the debate.
- "It always amazes me the sheer number of women who defend abortion. Legal abortion has killed 52 million innocents since '73, that means 26 million roughly, were women. Sick." -Jen Kuznicki
- Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country. -Margaret Thatcher
- Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States. -Ronald Reagan
- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. -Margaret Thatcher
- Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all. -Winston Churchill
- Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. -Winston Churchill
I Don’t Deny Global Warming ExistsI don't deny that global warming exists. It does not exist. There is not a pink elephant in my kitchen. I'm not denying it. It is not there. If I denied that there was a pink elephant in my kitchen, it would have to be there, but I would be lying to myself and everyone and walk around it to cook. But it is not there, therefore, I am not denying that it is.
- I can find neither solace or comfort in government. I cannot find hope nor light among those pretending to take my best interest to heart. I cannot worship or revere another human being because there are none alive that can instill my faith. Give me the One God; the One Who had created the heavens and earth and had purposefully breathed life into me. The One Who dwells in the secret place and watches over me and always keeps me company when all others abandoned me. But for Him I would have no purpose in this life; thank you Dear God.
New York Times Bestseller by Mark R. Levin
My Mischievous Twitter Feed
- @DanRiehl @betsyscribeindc lol about 39 minutes ago from web in reply to DanRiehl ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @DanRiehl Baby, you were born that way.. about 2 hours ago from web in reply to DanRiehl ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @LakeRonkGuy: Another stellar observation by @jen5309 "Does Chris Chistie Ever Shut Up!?" http://t.co/oQHNw9EFoV about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @LakeRonkGuy thanks! about 3 hours ago from web in reply to LakeRonkGuy ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Does Chris Christie Ever Shut Up? http://t.co/NJTacf9mQl http://t.co/dM805ipOc6 about 4 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- George Clooney and Joe Pesci and the MSNBC hosts Alec Baldwin and Martin Bashir... http://t.co/WQ4XCaqb3u about 16 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @MrsP11307 thank you! about 18 hours ago from Twitter for Android in reply to MrsP11307 ReplyRetweetFavorite