- News Resources
- Favorite Blogs
- Comment Policy
- Mark Levin
- Guest Commentary!
- Jen’s Book Reviews
Feehery: Achtung! Vernichtung der Patrioten
The sickness of the Republican party in DC is clearly shown by a post in The Hill by John Feehery, a paid consultant, and part of the reason the Republicans keep losing.
The vote against Boehner was really a vote against the Republican Party. It was a protest against Republican policies and against the Republican establishment.
Wrong, Der Feehery, the vote against Boehner was a vote against being dragged, against their will, toward the act of submission to those who would ruin the Republican Party, like the Republican establishment. Feehery and the Republican establishment are not informed of what the Republican Party stands for. Liberty, individuality, being true to oneself and God above. Feehery is twisting, with bad intent, the meaning of Republic, and the reason so many died to preserve it.
A representative republic is in many ways, the opposite of a democracy, and that is what draws people to the Republican Party. Feehery shows, with this top-down, authoritarian rule mentality, that he belongs more with the Democrat Party than with the Republican, and that goes for every single one of the rest of the lot who argue that Boehner should not have been sent a message.
Get in line, don’t make waves, do as you’re told, don’t march out of time, has more of a group think tinge to it, and conjures an image of jackboots and forced acceptance. If the Republican party goes the way of Der Feehery much longer, all of the good things it stands for will be wasted. Things like the abolition of slavery, which was an outrage of a free nation. Is Feehery sure he wants to be the poster boy for the enslavement of the mind?
Boehner should invite the 12 who voted against him to leave the GOP. He should bar them from attending any Republican Conference meetings. He should strip them of all committee assignments. He should instruct the NRCC to view those seats to be held in the hands of non-Republicans, and find candidates to run for them. He should instruct Republican allies on the outside — business groups, corporate PACS, trade associations, the Chamber of Commerce — to cease to give these members any campaign contributions. The Speaker should instruct the Appropriations Committee to deny all spending requests made by any of these 12 members. These members shouldn’t be allowed to travel on any congressional delegation trips.
I guess nobody can vote their conscience, ever. Screw the constituents back home, voters are mere pawns to Boehner’s power. A Revolutionary War was fought in part because of the outrage of taxation without representation, and Feehery’s twisted mind sounds an awful lot like those loyal to the crown.
The only people acting like Republicans are the dozen who protest voted.
The fact is that on must-pass legislation, Boehner, Cantor and McCarthy have to get the votes from somewhere.
I protest your “fact” and I protest your “must pass legislation” as a matter of course, Feehery. This is sick thinking by a person who fancies himself a Republican. So, if Boehner told the House members to vote for gun control tomorrow, they’d not be Republicans if they said no?
See if you can guess where this little nugget is from, Feehery:
The Republican Party, born in opposition to the denial of liberty, stands for the rights of individuals, families, faith communities, institutions – and of the States which are their instruments of self-government.
It’s from the Republican platform, which states, over and over again, that individuals have rights and it is upon that fact, that the Republican party was begun.
It is Feehery, and every one of his group think useless DC magpies, that are the anti-Republicans, and it is difficult to watch a free and grown man defend tyranny.
Incidentally, the title means, Attention! Destruction of the Patriots
Welcome to the debate.
- "It always amazes me the sheer number of women who defend abortion. Legal abortion has killed 52 million innocents since '73, that means 26 million roughly, were women. Sick." -Jen Kuznicki
- Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country. -Margaret Thatcher
- Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States. -Ronald Reagan
- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. -Margaret Thatcher
- Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all. -Winston Churchill
- Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. -Winston Churchill
I Don’t Deny Global Warming ExistsI don't deny that global warming exists. It does not exist. There is not a pink elephant in my kitchen. I'm not denying it. It is not there. If I denied that there was a pink elephant in my kitchen, it would have to be there, but I would be lying to myself and everyone and walk around it to cook. But it is not there, therefore, I am not denying that it is.
- I can find neither solace or comfort in government. I cannot find hope nor light among those pretending to take my best interest to heart. I cannot worship or revere another human being because there are none alive that can instill my faith. Give me the One God; the One Who had created the heavens and earth and had purposefully breathed life into me. The One Who dwells in the secret place and watches over me and always keeps me company when all others abandoned me. But for Him I would have no purpose in this life; thank you Dear God.
New York Times Bestseller by Mark R. Levin
My Mischievous Twitter Feed
- CALL YOUR MI STATE SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES AND SPEAKER BOLGER. BOLGER MUST SCHEDULE THIS VOTE THIS WEEK! http://t.co/vMeMX2sUiw about 4 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Again, only Senator Ted Cruz is speaking up on the Republican side, while the leadership whiffs on messaging.... http://t.co/d8loh2j0vn about 9 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HarrietBaldwin: NY Post: Democratic Party Has No More Centrists http://t.co/NoIKXYHW5Q Hijacked by Progs, Socialists and commies. about 10 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Velvet 50's dress: Meet Estelle:) I'll make one in green today. click the link:... http://t.co/E2i9Z2OXy5 about 11 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Fun 50's styles for me to make today: Meet Vivien:) click the link:... http://t.co/da8nyvcSQ7 about 11 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 46 Years In Washington? http://t.co/yY6iFCzkfv about 11 hours ago from Tweet Button ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @LakeRonkGuy thanks! Feels good when ppl in town come up & say hey great letter! & when a great guy in another state says so-it's terrific! about 12 hours ago from web in reply to LakeRonkGuy ReplyRetweetFavorite