- News Resources
- Favorite Blogs
- Comment Policy
- Mark Levin
- Guest Commentary!
- Task: A Constitutional Crisis or a Fiscal Crisis?
- Task: A Nation United by A Constitution and Divided by A Supreme Court
- Results Talk; Obama Walks
- Darren Davis: Gun Ownership and Women: What the Media Won’t Tell You
- Iraq-A Postmortem Commentary by task
- THE BOY WHO WOULD BE KING by Task
- -Patty Mofield Jones: Opinions Are Like A**holes
- Task: A Last Chance For The Republican Party
- Bone Pickin’s by Rshill7
- Now and Then by Rshill7
- Taking Sides…Us and Them by Rshill7
- Sending Messages by Rshill7
- Jen’s Book Reviews
Saul Anuzis’ Scary Boogieman Report
I’d like to offer an argument that I think exemplifies what is wrong within the Michigan Republican Party, by using a blog post by former state chair and former committeeman, Saul Anuzis.
Saul was taken to task last year, and replaced by the grassroots on the RNC Committee, directly because of his actions in the 2012 Presidential primary in Michigan. Along with Bobby Schostak, the newly reelected chair, Saul changed the rules after the primary, which changed the number of delegates awarded to Romney and Santorum. Under the rules, Romney and Santorum would have tied in the state, but instead, because of Schostak’s, and Anuzis’ actions, Romney was awarded more than Santorum.
A political price was paid for Anuzis’ actions, and anyone who really cared about what the grassroots thought, would be humbled and try to find a way to make amends, apologize, look to his betters and peers and reach out to explain that he has seen the light.
Instead, as I show here, Saul hasn’t learned a damn thing.
Bobby Schostak re-elected as Michigan GOP’s State Chairman
Congratulations to my good friend Bobby who was re-elected to serve a second term as Chairman. An interesting coalition of some Tea Party activists, Liberty Movement folks and others with alternative agenda’s rallied together to make this a closer race than it should have been.
Notice how Saul does not mention Reaganites, Conservatives, or Constitutionalists, yet that was what his good friend Bobby was challenged by. Todd Courser came within less than 3 1/2% of winning the chairman position. Instead, Saul suggests that Frankenberry and the Boogieman conspired with an alternative ‘agenda.’
The ‘alternative agenda’ that should have been quite clear to Saul was that people like transparency and truth, and Todd is a good man and I doubt he is going away.
Bobby has proven to be a solid conservative who has worked tirelessly for the party. I’m proud and glad to see him there for another 2 years.
I would like Saul to define the word solid. With so many people throwing around the terms ‘conservative’ and ‘RINO’, I would just once like someone to explain their qualifiers.
In order to win elections we have to grow this party, stand on principles and work together. Throwing “some” people out for the sake of “change” and arguing for a less inclusive, less tolerant and less broad based party isn’t the answer.
OK, as far as I can figure, Saul used quotes around the word “some” because he means to respond to those who have called Schostak a RINO. But what is more interesting is why he used quotes around the word, “change.”
Of course people were ready for a change in the chairman. The possible scandals, the DeleGATE situation, and the fact that after a punishing primary, during which Santorum supporters were told that if they didn’t get behind Romney, they would have no seat at the table when he became president, and the fact that Santo supporters won the same amount of delegates as hometown guy Romney, and then we went on to lose….I mean, come on, there is always a political price. But Saul won’t see this, he still maintains he did nothing wrong, it’s somebody else’s fault, he was nothing but fair, yada, yada, yada.
It was clear that the rules were changed after the fact, Rick Santorum, although he truly thinks it is water under the bridge, agrees completely.
On facebook and twitter, I see a lot of moderates post similar accusations as Saul has about ‘less inclusive, less tolerant, less broad based’ party participants. There is no doubt that it is a slap at tea party people, constitutionalists, and social conservatives. But then, Saul would try to purge such patriots from the party, as he was at the Tampa convention when Romney’s lawyer tried to change the rules in order to silence the grassroots, and lied to others about what the rules were about. Morton Blackwell made it clear what the rules were about here.
NO one is talking about moderating our values or principles, but watching our “tone” and respecting others who may disagree with one another on various issue is just good politics not to mention common courtesy in a civil society.
It is true that no one talks about moderating, they moderate while telling all that they are conservative. THAT is the problem. I do agree we need to watch our tone, just never moderate it. The truth is the truth, and to some people, no matter how nicely you state the truth, they just don’t want to hear it.
Snyder kicked off his re-election with the closest public statement to a re-election announcement that he’s made.
However, some folks, regretfully, are still focused more on intra-party battles than beating Democrats.
Politicians are our employees. We pay them. There is a difference between my disagreeing with another party volunteer, and a politician. The party volunteer cannot raise my taxes, nor can they regulate my business, nor can they legislate against my belief system. In this state, led by Republicans, people whom I employ have done all of that. I do not check my first amendment rights at the door when I join the Republican party, and I will continue to call out this Governor when he embraces liberalism. There is no beating the Democrats when you have already joined them.
Now, having said that, Saul’s entire post was a passive-aggressive attempt at blaming conservatives for all the party’s woes, and he refuses to see what is happening.
If the leadership of the Michigan Republican Party reacts to the near-win by Todd Courser in the same manner as has Anuzis, a third-party grassroots wildfire will commence. It’s just human nature, after having been repeatedly told to sit down and shut up.
****Support this site****
- "It always amazes me the sheer number of women who defend abortion. Legal abortion has killed 52 million innocents since '73, that means 26 million roughly, were women. Sick." -Jen Kuznicki
- Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country. -Margaret Thatcher
- Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States. -Ronald Reagan
- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. -Margaret Thatcher
- Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all. -Winston Churchill
I Don’t Deny Global Warming ExistsI don't deny that global warming exists. It does not exist. There is not a pink elephant in my kitchen. I'm not denying it. It is not there. If I denied that there was a pink elephant in my kitchen, it would have to be there, but I would be lying to myself and everyone and walk around it to cook. But it is not there, therefore, I am not denying that it is.
Jen’s Book Reviews
- I can find neither solace or comfort in government. I cannot find hope nor light among those pretending to take my best interest to heart. I cannot worship or revere another human being because there are none alive that can instill my faith. Give me the One God; the One Who had created the heavens and earth and had purposefully breathed life into me. The One Who dwells in the secret place and watches over me and always keeps me company when all others abandoned me. But for Him I would have no purpose in this life; thank you Dear God.
Kind words from people who’ve received one of my bears
"I got my teddy today. It is wonderful and all the joints work. It is beautiful. Thank you so much." -Joyce
"He is a handsome little guy. So soft, and beautiful! He's a work of art. Thank you so much." - Lorrie
Get your Limited Edition Paul Revere Bear!
Jen’s Book Reviews
My Mischievous Twitter Feed
- RT @TRONSHOW: Anyone see any stories lately about shooting suspects that have recently converted to Christianity? Yeah, me either. about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @RMConservative: It is appalling that not a single GOP leader will fight back against the assault on religious liberty. Instead, this ht… about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @snunberg: Donald Trump to Mitt Romney: ‘Don’t Run Again’ http://t.co/WKhyddNoOf about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. -Winston Churchill