- News Resources
- Favorite Blogs
- Comment Policy
- Mark Levin
- Guest Commentary!
- Task: A Constitutional Crisis or a Fiscal Crisis?
- Task: A Nation United by A Constitution and Divided by A Supreme Court
- Results Talk; Obama Walks
- Darren Davis: Gun Ownership and Women: What the Media Won’t Tell You
- THE BOY WHO WOULD BE KING by Task
- -Patty Mofield Jones: Opinions Are Like A**holes
- Task: A Last Chance For The Republican Party
- Bone Pickin’s by Rshill7
- Now and Then by Rshill7
- Taking Sides…Us and Them by Rshill7
- Sending Messages by Rshill7
- Jen’s Book Reviews
The GOP must reject Karl Rove and his divisive tactics.
Current power brokers in the GOP are clinging to the idea that they will be able to control their grassroots, and in doing so, they are killing the party.
It was not enough, I suppose, to orchestrate the primary timetable for their preferred candidate, influence State party committees through congressional aides, threaten grassroots with ostracism for going against their preferred candidate, use falsehoods to smear the opposing teams, change rulings in State committees to favor their preferred candidate, change the rules at convention to lock in top-down rule, lose, and then blame the power-stripped grassroots.
Not that some grassroots aren’t all for it, it just depends on whether or not party trumps principle. In today’s GOP, however, principle is languishing in that one perfect policy, for that one perfect candidate, who is perfectly without ideology.
What the GOP has, is a grassroots problem, say those in DC, and tea-party backed candidates are said to be losers on policy and vote against leadership, so the election system must be controlled. Even more. More control. That’ll teach ‘em.
So much for the party of local control.
So amidst cries of “Akin!” “O’Donnell!” “Angle!” the Rovian profiteers set up shop to mimic grassroots rhetoric in order to steal the hearts and minds of the voting public. Changing the meaning of the Buckley rule as well as the meaning of the word, ‘conservative’, will work on those whom already vote with the establishment, and it will expose even further, the political bastards who lie as a matter of course.
How can a party who seeks the truth in contests against its rival with each issue, continue to pander to that rival, rejecting the principles that the party stands upon? And how can they continue to expect voter ignorance in the age of information?
Is the Republican party still operating under the notion, after two major losses nationally, that its grassroots conservatives will in the end, vote for whoever they put up? Using the grassroots sense of principle and love of country, to force them into voting for what they do not want? Are they sure that if a conservative candidate made it past the aforementioned obstacles, that people like Karl Rove and Dick Lugar would not publicly gather support against voting for that candidate, or worse, voting for a Democrat? Why, that has already happened!
“We just want to win,” is a mantra repeated by political operatives, who then tell us what is needed to win. But they lose. It is time enough to look at results and reasons for those losses, and mostly, it is because the truth is secondary to political expedience.
In fact, it is the grassroots conservative that is more likely to search news stories and disseminate them via social networks, not the moderate party team player. It is the tea party conservatives that organize and reach out in their communities, not the moderate party team player. It is, in fact, the grassroots constitutional conservative that teaches and spreads the word on the valuable and magnificent founding of this nation.
In all, the grassroots conservative does more for the Republican party’s core principles than the moderate party team player, who despises the conservative because they aren’t coming to the same conclusions. The reason for the divide is the dissemination of the truth.
The truth is, Karl Rove is not a winner precisely because he takes the opposite tack of what worked in 2010. His Bush Mandarin status is in opposition to Reagan principles, and his quest for control proves he is a poor representative of a party founded upon liberty.
The GOP made great strides toward conservative principle in 2010, getting many House Republicans elected as a result. In only two years, Karl Rove has surmised that grassroots conservatives are failures and he needs to take over. This man is a power-hungry menace to the party, and stands ready to kill it.
****Support this site****
- "It always amazes me the sheer number of women who defend abortion. Legal abortion has killed 52 million innocents since '73, that means 26 million roughly, were women. Sick." -Jen Kuznicki
- Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country. -Margaret Thatcher
- Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States. -Ronald Reagan
- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. -Margaret Thatcher
- Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all. -Winston Churchill
I Don’t Deny Global Warming ExistsI don't deny that global warming exists. It does not exist. There is not a pink elephant in my kitchen. I'm not denying it. It is not there. If I denied that there was a pink elephant in my kitchen, it would have to be there, but I would be lying to myself and everyone and walk around it to cook. But it is not there, therefore, I am not denying that it is.
Jen’s Book Reviews
- I can find neither solace or comfort in government. I cannot find hope nor light among those pretending to take my best interest to heart. I cannot worship or revere another human being because there are none alive that can instill my faith. Give me the One God; the One Who had created the heavens and earth and had purposefully breathed life into me. The One Who dwells in the secret place and watches over me and always keeps me company when all others abandoned me. But for Him I would have no purpose in this life; thank you Dear God.
Jen’s Book Reviews
My Mischievous Twitter Feed
- RT @AdamBaldwin: "Scary: Jews in East Ukraine Ordered to Register Themselves." - http://t.co/6sufqjrUXm about 3 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Politibrew: GOP Fundraising Letter From John McCain http://t.co/I3nH4STHhA about 3 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- More on fake news site Politico and smearest @kenvogel : Politico's Vogel Worked For Soros-Funded Group http://t.co/pSf7RG5iwL about 4 hours ago from Tweet Button ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. -Winston Churchill