- News Resources
- Favorite Blogs
- Comment Policy
- Mark Levin
- Guest Commentary!
- Task: A Constitutional Crisis or a Fiscal Crisis?
- Task: A Nation United by A Constitution and Divided by A Supreme Court
- Results Talk; Obama Walks
- Darren Davis: Gun Ownership and Women: What the Media Won’t Tell You
- Iraq-A Postmortem Commentary by task
- THE BOY WHO WOULD BE KING by Task
- -Patty Mofield Jones: Opinions Are Like A**holes
- Task: A Last Chance For The Republican Party
- Bone Pickin’s by Rshill7
- Now and Then by Rshill7
- Taking Sides…Us and Them by Rshill7
- Sending Messages by Rshill7
- Jen’s Book Reviews
McConnell Offers Alley-oop to Reid Again and Again
Daniel Horowitz shows how McConnell has once again eased Reid’s control over the Senate by refusing to block the IMF package, which doubled our contribution and weakened our influence within the body.
We’ve witnessed this dynamic throughout the past few years. Ideally, Republicans should have more leverage than Democrats because they fully control the House, while Democrats lack a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. As such, McConnell’s job is to block bad legislation in the Senate, enabling the House to jam Democrats with the only viable alternative. Yet, with issue after issue, we have witnessed the opposite dynamic. McConnell hands Reid the requisite 60+ votes and allows him to jam the House.
It’s always the same with McConnell, he talks the talk but never ever walks the walk. He sidesteps his own repertoire of power as Senate Minority Leader, instead opting to allow the Democrats leverage they should not have. Then, as usual, he bemoans the nasty Democrats and infers that his Republicans would never do such a thing.
Maybe not, but they just let the Dems do it without a fight.
Read more of Horowitz here.
****Support this site****
- "It always amazes me the sheer number of women who defend abortion. Legal abortion has killed 52 million innocents since '73, that means 26 million roughly, were women. Sick." -Jen Kuznicki
- Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country. -Margaret Thatcher
- Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States. -Ronald Reagan
- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. -Margaret Thatcher
- Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all. -Winston Churchill
I Don’t Deny Global Warming ExistsI don't deny that global warming exists. It does not exist. There is not a pink elephant in my kitchen. I'm not denying it. It is not there. If I denied that there was a pink elephant in my kitchen, it would have to be there, but I would be lying to myself and everyone and walk around it to cook. But it is not there, therefore, I am not denying that it is.
Jen’s Book Reviews
- I can find neither solace or comfort in government. I cannot find hope nor light among those pretending to take my best interest to heart. I cannot worship or revere another human being because there are none alive that can instill my faith. Give me the One God; the One Who had created the heavens and earth and had purposefully breathed life into me. The One Who dwells in the secret place and watches over me and always keeps me company when all others abandoned me. But for Him I would have no purpose in this life; thank you Dear God.
Get your Limited Edition Paul Revere Bear!
Jen’s Book Reviews
My Mischievous Twitter Feed
- Thanks Mark:) http://t.co/5jHfOc2Mht about 50 minutes ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marklevinshow: RINOs at play http://t.co/jztEqALqix about 52 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @handcrank stupid people suck about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to handcrank ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. -Winston Churchill