- News Resources
- Favorite Blogs
- Guest Commentary!
- Task: A Constitutional Crisis or a Fiscal Crisis?
- Task: A Nation United by A Constitution and Divided by A Supreme Court
- Results Talk; Obama Walks
- Darren Davis: Gun Ownership and Women: What the Media Won’t Tell You
- Iraq-A Postmortem Commentary by task
- THE BOY WHO WOULD BE KING by Task
- -Patty Mofield Jones: Opinions Are Like A**holes
- Task: A Last Chance For The Republican Party
- Bone Pickin’s by Rshill7
- Now and Then by Rshill7
- Taking Sides…Us and Them by Rshill7
- Sending Messages by Rshill7
- Jen’s Book Reviews
- Reagan Speeches
- Address to the 40th Session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, New York October 24, 1985
- Reagan Remarks in New York City on Receiving the Charles Evans Hughes Gold Medal of the National Conference of Christians and Jews March 23, 1982
- Remarks in New York City on Receiving the Charles Evans Hughes Gold Medal of the National Conference of Christians and Jews March 23, 1982
- Encroaching Control, or the, ‘Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction,’ Speech to the Phoenix Chamber of Commerce on March 30, 1961
- Remarks at the Annual Members Banquet of the National Rifle Association in Phoenix, Arizona May 6, 1983
- Address to the Nation on Defense and National Security March 23, 1983
- Reagan Remarks at a Luncheon of the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania October 15, 1981
- Reagan Statement on the Economic Recovery
- Reagan Remarks at an Iowa Caucus Rally in Des Moines February 20, 1984
- Ronald Reagan, State of the Union Address, January 25th, 1983
- Reagan State of the Union Address, January 27th, 1987
- Reagan: Proclamation 5292 — National Sanctity of Human Life Day, 1985 January 14, 1985
- Reagan’s Remarks to American and Brazilian Businessmen in Sao Paulo, Brazil December 2, 1982
- Reagan Remarks to Congressional Leaders During a White House Briefing on the Fiscal Year 1986 Budget February 4, 1985
- Reagan’s First Inaugural Address January 20, 1981
- Reagan Remarks at Convocation Ceremonies at the University of South Carolina in Columbia September 20, 1983
- Reagan Remarks at a Rally for Senator Malcolm Wallop of Wyoming in Cheyenne March 2, 1982
- Reagan Address to Members of the British Parliament June 8, 1982
- Reagan Radio Address to the Nation on Prayer in Schools February 25, 1984
- Reagan Remarks at a White House Briefing on the State of Small Business March 1, 1982
Claudia Tenney, a conservative New York State Assemblywoman, is challenging Rep. Richard Hanna (R-NY) for the Republican seat in New York State’s 22nd Congressional District. No Democrats have filed, so this race could decide the next congressman on June 24th when the primary vote takes place.
Hanna has only held congressional office since 2010, and at that time, Hanna described himself as a moderate, and has been rated the third most liberal Republican, according to The National Journal . But since his election in 2010, Hanna has positioned as left of center on far too many issues including siding with pro-choice extremists over family-centered politics, refusing to vote with his caucus to rein in out-of-control spending, and blasting his own party for fiscal responsibility.
At a rally for the Equal Rights Amendment, Hanna, the only Republican in attendence told the crowd, “I’ll tell you this: Contribute your money to people who speak out on your behalf, because the other side — my side — has a lot of it. And you need to send your own message. You need to remind people that you vote, you matter, and that they can’t succeed without your help.” Hanna is pro-choice, and pro-gay marriage, receiving funding upwards of $100,000 from pro-gay marriage groups.
Hanna was one of only a handful of Republicans to vote with the Democrats to vote against the delay of Obamacare for a year. But, Hanna didn’t do so for principled fiscal reasons, as he said in a statement after the vote, “he voted against passing delays in the health care law because of a GOP provision that would give insurers or others the right to deny birth control coverage based on religious or moral objections.” He went on, “But as a lifelong and consistent supporter of women’s rights and health care, I do not support addressing divisive social issues such as access to birth control on a last-minute continuing resolution.”
Hanna was also the only Republican to vote against a House GOP bill that would restrict tax dollars from being used to fund abortions.
The social positions of Richard Hanna put women in a group, and suggest that all women believe that government should give you something, and of all things, women demand birth control and abortion, demand it to be free to them, and paid for by their fellow citizens. The view is condescending, and does not represent the views of all women. In fact, he is the only Republican in his state to recieve less than a 70% rating by the Concerned Women of America.
Yet, despite his views that oppose his own party, even going so far as calling Republicans, “angry extremists who are incapable of governing,” according to Syracuse.com, “National Republican officials, who usually remain neutral in GOP primaries, took the unusual step Friday of supporting Hanna in the 22nd District race. ‘Rep. Hanna is a valuable and respected member of the Republican majority in the House and we support him,’ National Republican Congressional Committee spokesman Ian Prior said in an email. Hanna also has the personal backing of Tom Donohue, CEO of the Chamber of Commerce, the driving force behind amnesty, and who openly has been spending money to silence conservatives across the nation.
Not only has Hanna sided with the left, he seeks out Democrat bills to co-sponsor. In 2013, GovTrack.us found that of the bills Hanna co-sponsored, 31% were introduced by Democrats, and he received high praise from leftist Democrat Kirsten Gillibrand and Barack Obama for doing so. It is no wonder the Democrats aren’t putting up a challenger, they already have a candidate in Richard L. Hanna.
Hanna is a member of both the conservative Republican Study Committee as well as the liberal, Republican Main Street Partnership but who he sides with is again, obvious. He sent out this tweet a while back,
— Rep. Richard Hanna (@RepRichardHanna) January 8, 2013
And though American families can attest to the constricting economy, Hanna continues to defend his votes to raise the debt ceiling twice without Democratic concessions, funding Obamacare after campaigning he wouldn’t, and voted for the fiscal cliff deal that added a $1 trillion tax hike, according to Americans For Tax Reform.
On military and foreign policy matters, Hanna approved of the Ground Zero Mosque, (and then opposed it) and was the only Republican that did not support an investigation into the murders that took place in Benghazi.
Tenney is a New York State Assemblywoman, the daughter of a NY state Supreme Court Justice, her name is prominent in GOP circles, is a lawyer with a private practice, and was the first Republican to introduce a full repeal of the restrictive gun control act in New York.
In an interview with Syracuse.com, Tenney said of her primary bid, “I thought of what I have done as a Republican woman who has always had to fight against the Republican establishment and party bosses to earn my seat. I believe in individual rights and freedom. And I’m not afraid to fight the fight.”
Tenney said the eight-county 22nd District needs a “real Republican” as its representative. Asked to describe herself politically, Tenney said, “I’m a common-sense Republican. I believe in less government, lower taxes and freedom.”
Indeed, Tenney pulls no punches and fights for Republican principles, including the great American standard of debate. But Hanna has refused to debate during the entire primary, refusing to allow the people of the 22nd district of New York to hear the contrast of views between him and his challenger. Tenney is looking for some help from conservative media to get out her message.
“The choice for Republicans is clear: they can keep Richard Hanna, who votes to raise taxes, to extend U.S. debt to economically dangerous levels by voting with Obama, Reid and Pelosi to raise the debt ceiling while bankrupting our nation, or they can choose a commonsense Republican like me who has a proven record of voting to reduce taxes, voting against the implementation of Obamacare in New York, votes against funding an illegal database (including ammunition database) against legal gun owners, voting against increasing our debt ceiling in New York and supports countless initiatives to reduce the burdens of government red tape on individuals and small businesses, including family farms,” Tenney said.
SHOP AT MY CHRISTMAS TOY STORE!
****Support this site****
- "It always amazes me the sheer number of women who defend abortion. Legal abortion has killed 52 million innocents since '73, that means 26 million roughly, were women. Sick." -Jen Kuznicki
- Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country. -Margaret Thatcher
- Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States. -Ronald Reagan
- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. -Margaret Thatcher
- Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all. -Winston Churchill
I Don’t Deny Global Warming ExistsI don't deny that global warming exists. It does not exist. There is not a pink elephant in my kitchen. I'm not denying it. It is not there. If I denied that there was a pink elephant in my kitchen, it would have to be there, but I would be lying to myself and everyone and walk around it to cook. But it is not there, therefore, I am not denying that it is.
- I can find neither solace or comfort in government. I cannot find hope nor light among those pretending to take my best interest to heart. I cannot worship or revere another human being because there are none alive that can instill my faith. Give me the One God; the One Who had created the heavens and earth and had purposefully breathed life into me. The One Who dwells in the secret place and watches over me and always keeps me company when all others abandoned me. But for Him I would have no purpose in this life; thank you Dear God. -Unknown
Kind words from people who’ve received one of my bears
"I got my teddy today. It is wonderful and all the joints work. It is beautiful. Thank you so much." -Joyce
"He is a handsome little guy. So soft, and beautiful! He's a work of art. Thank you so much." - Lorrie
Get your Limited Edition Paul Revere Bear!
Jen’s Book Reviews
- Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. -Winston Churchill