- News Resources
- Favorite Blogs
- Comment Policy
- Mark Levin
- Guest Commentary!
- Jen’s Book Reviews
Mark Levin: Obama is preparing to destroy the role of Congress by unilaterally ignoring debt ceiling
(Mark Levin has laid out last night what Obama’s plans are should the Republicans hold the line and refuse to increase the debt ceiling. We have been here before, as I found it important to write about two years ago when Obama and the media were considering the unconstitutional and impeachable option of using the 14th Amendment to bypass Congress on the debt ceiling.
I felt compelled to partially transcribe Mark’s commentary from last night’s show, because it is very important that we get this information to our Republican members of Congress. I have linked to the relevant articles and podcast beneath the transcription. THANK ME! heh..)
LEVIN: This is what I want you to focus on, the word Default. He’s repeatedly using it, he’s repeatedly saying it, that we face
His billionaire friends from Wall Street who visited with him and then went out on the White House driveway and were saying the same things, “We cannot have a Default.” Which means he was pumping it into them there as well.
So, he’s using it in his interviews, he’s using it in his rabble-rousing speeches, he’s using it in private with these groups that he meets with, Default, Default, Default.
Why is he saying that? Just to scare people? Well, that’s part of it, obviously, but it’s more than that, Ladies and Gentlemen.
Barack Obama is plotting that if he can’t get what he wants, out of the House Republicans, that he can’t get his Plan A, and get Boehner and the Republicans to buckle, not just on the Continuing Resolution, but the Debt Ceiling, then he’s got his Plan B.
His Plan B is the most egregious attack on our Constitution by a President, not just in modern history, but in all of our history, if in fact he unleashes it.
And he’s being urged to do so by Nancy Pelosi, by Bill Clinton, he has in the past, by Dick Durbin, by a long list of phony law professors from liberal institutions, by liberal think-tanks, and what is he being urged to do? He’s being urged to bypass Congress, to raise the debt ceiling unilaterally as President of the United States, using the 14th Amendment as a fig leaf, to seize from Congress, the power of the purse.
That’s what he’s preparing to do, if the Republicans don’t ultimately buckle on the debt ceiling.
So, it is he who is prepared to extort and blackmail in ways that most of you, and most of my colleagues in this business, can’t even imagine or don’t even understand.
And if the President of the United States unilaterally raises the debt ceiling, you can kiss the core functions of Congress goodbye, you can kiss this Republic goodbye, once and for all. And then, I think, the focus can be on the Liberty Amendments, but that is what Obama, his Plan B, is going to do.
Obama keeps talking about Default. Isn’t it interesting? No other President has driven us into Default, because all the other Presidents understand their Constitutions, and understand they have an obligation to work with the other branches of the government. He can’t just say, “I want this,” and that’s the end of that. You try and work it out.
Obama does not want to cut spending, Ladies and Gentlemen, Obama does not want Congress to address all these problems with Obamacare, now I think Congress ought to get rid of it, but he won’t even allow them to make proposals related to it, only he can waive and extend and do whatever he chooses to do with the statute.
So, you see his mindset, his mindset is that of an Imperial President. And he takes things very personally too, “Well, you can’t do that to me, I’m the President, I was elected.”
Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, the President has to comply with the Constitution too, as I say all the time, the Constitution is not up for election. Everyone of these people in Washington are obligated to live within their roles under the Constitution.
So he keeps bringing up Default, he’s doing this purposefully. And he keeps bringing up all these programs that aren’t going to be funded, but what does he do about it? Nothing.
Here’s a perfect example, he’s at a construction company in Maryland today:
OBAMA: “An economic shutdown, that results from Default, would be dramatically worse.”
LEVIN: You get it? You get it, folks? He’s laying the foundation for exactly what I’m saying.
He is going to break the debt ceiling. He is going to spend more than Congress has authorized. He’s preparing to do it, as Plan B, if he doesn’t get all that he wants in “negotiations” with Republicans over the debt ceiling which is coming up in mid-October.
If he can’t get what he wants, he is going to circumvent the United States Constitution, and he will be applauded for it, because he will have, “saved the economy”, “saved Social Security”, “saved the world’s financial system” because we have to pay our bills, you see?
And I smell this a mile away.
And he’s being encouraged repeatedly by pseudo-intellectuals, by Marxists dressed up as Constitutionalists, by people in his own party, he’s being encouraged to conduct himself as a dictator, and to bypass Congress and to bypass the Constitution, why work with him?
They want a full-blown Constitutional crisis. Please, listen to me, this is what they want! So they can continue to shred it! This is why Obama won’t budge, like Clinton did and Carter did and Reagan did and Ford did and Nixon did. He’s the only one who won’t negotiate. This is why. This is his fundamental transformation. And I’m going to keep hollaring this as loudly as I can because more and more people need to see it!
We have in Congress Authorization Laws, and Appropriations Laws. They are different.
The Authorization is authorizing the existence of a program, authorizing the existence of an agency of a Federal department and so on. It doesn’t fund it. It authorizes it.
They have different committees set up for the Authorization part and different committees set up for the Appropriations part. They are separate bills, this writer is telling us what Obama is planning…
READ: Our Outlaw President? Obama Should Ignore the Debt Ceiling Mark spends a lot of time going through this phony’s opinion, and is convinced Obama will in fact, ignore the ceiling if the Republicans hold the line.
LISTEN: The Mark Levin Show Podcast for 10/3/13 pertinent discussion begins at about 33:00 in.
READ: The Debt Limit, The 14th Amendment, and the GOP –takeaway:
“No, the 14th Amendment requires him to pay the interest and principal on Treasury Notes, Bills and Bonds before anything else should there be insufficient funds to cover it all.
John Boehner, it’s time you and the rest of the Republicans shove this fact right up Obama, Pelosi’s and Reid’s ass, making clear that (1) you will not raise the debt ceiling and (2) you will impeach that rat bastard if he fails to cover interest and principal as is required by The Constitution.”
Welcome to the debate.
- "It always amazes me the sheer number of women who defend abortion. Legal abortion has killed 52 million innocents since '73, that means 26 million roughly, were women. Sick." -Jen Kuznicki
- Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country. -Margaret Thatcher
- Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States. -Ronald Reagan
- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. -Margaret Thatcher
- Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all. -Winston Churchill
- Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. -Winston Churchill
I Don’t Deny Global Warming ExistsI don't deny that global warming exists. It does not exist. There is not a pink elephant in my kitchen. I'm not denying it. It is not there. If I denied that there was a pink elephant in my kitchen, it would have to be there, but I would be lying to myself and everyone and walk around it to cook. But it is not there, therefore, I am not denying that it is.
- I can find neither solace or comfort in government. I cannot find hope nor light among those pretending to take my best interest to heart. I cannot worship or revere another human being because there are none alive that can instill my faith. Give me the One God; the One Who had created the heavens and earth and had purposefully breathed life into me. The One Who dwells in the secret place and watches over me and always keeps me company when all others abandoned me. But for Him I would have no purpose in this life; thank you Dear God.
New York Times Bestseller by Mark R. Levin
My Mischievous Twitter Feed
- @Johartz yeah, they are helping shackle my kids with debt, right along with the democrats. congratulations, you get it. about 7 minutes ago from web in reply to Johartz ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @Johartz conservatism is based on enlightenment. anti-slavery, and anti-slavery is what brought people to republican party about 9 minutes ago from web in reply to Johartz ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @Johartz but they are from the same place, in fact slavery ties everything together, and that's where your moderate stance is opposite all about 12 minutes ago from web in reply to Johartz ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @Johartz no, you said you believe that since no one person can define conservatism, we should forget about it, basically. about 13 minutes ago from web in reply to Johartz ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @Johartz any time. you are the purist, GOP can't win without founding principles, based on Christianity, and uh, Christ was a Jew. about 18 minutes ago from web in reply to Johartz ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @DanRiehl sure, but it's a stupid premise coming from GOP. If it wasn't popular, nobody would bother spending the dough for cons. about 21 minutes ago from web in reply to DanRiehl ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @Johartz You realize how nuts you sound, right? about 54 minutes ago from web in reply to Johartz ReplyRetweetFavorite